Sunday, August 5, 2012

10 Things I Hate About You – Bianca Stratford

Lately I've been revisiting a bunch of old movies that I obsessively watched as chocolate-loving, tether-ball-playing kid. I watched The Faculty last week and was super-surprised by all of the soon-to-be-famous actors in that movie. Elijah Wood plays a Peter Parker-esque nerd (has a camera and everything). And Jon Stewart plays a science teacher with a very peculiar looking beard. And Robert Rodriguez (indie lord) directed this odd bunch in a sci-fi teen movie about a parasite alien taking over a high school in Ohio. But that's beside the point because this week I re-watch 10 Things I Hate About You, which is, hands down, the best teenage romantic comedy ever. I love it. My favorite part is when Kat and Patrick make-out after a fun and messy game of paintball.

This time around though, I noticed Bianca, who I always thought was super-annoying and childish and selfish and annoying and selfish and not all that pretty. But she is really pretty. I just thought she was so uncool because she thought Joey was cool and that made her ugly to me. But it turns out she's pretty interesting and has a sweet sense of style. It's very Lolita. Her sundresses are fun and flirty and girly. And she's always wearing pearls that make her look sophisticated. Her prom dress is the absolute best and if I could jump into the Back to the Future DeLorean DMC-12, I would go back to my prom with a new dress – her 2-piece pink fluffy dress. She looks like a character in a Katy Perry music video.  




"You should try being nice!"

 Super cute moment with Joseph Gordon-Levitt's baby face.

This is Bianca Stratford's "Please daddy, let me go to the prom or I'll run away" face. Are you falling for it?

And her room is pretty darn cute too. Check out all those bunnies!

The best 2-piece prom dress I've ever seen. 

And, BEST SCENE:


Tomorrow my friend and I are shooting a 10 Things I Hate About You-inspired shoot, based on Kat Stratford. I'll be posting those on here soon after.